Explore Dealroom's annual rankings of Europe's most prominent venture capital investors.
How does it work?
This comprehensive and quantitative list takes into account investors’ success in backing unicorns and future unicorns, as well as their level of deal activity in the last 12 months.
The VC prominence rank is intended to be a practical ranking, to be used in everyday situations, such as:
- A founder looking for capital
- An investor looking for co-investors
- A corporate M&A team looking for VC portfolios to explore
- An LP exploring and comparing different funds
- A person looking to land a job in VC, or expand their network
Dealroom’s data-driven methodology was revised in 2022 to take into account how early a particular fund invested in any one startup.
- Unicorn score: For this scoring, we are adding the number of unicorn investments at the Seed entry stage with a factor of 100, the number of unicorn investments at an early entry stage (Series A/Early VC) with a factor of 30, and the number of unicorn investments at late entry stage (Series B+) with a factor of 10. The number of unicorn investments at an unknown entry stage is also calculated as a factor of 10. So make sure your profile is updated and accurate.
- Future unicorn (included $250M – $1B exits) score: The future unicorn score is calculated similarly to the unicorn score seed investments receive a factor of 100, Series A/ Early VC a factor of 30 and series B+, and unknown stage a factor of 10.
- Rank score: To obtain the final ranking score, we add your unicorn score with a factor of 100’000, your future unicorn score with a factor of 10’000, and finally, the number of investment rounds carried out in the last 12 months.
Prominence Rank on the platform
Navigate to the Prominence Rank tab on the side menu. To view the ranking, click on the Prominence rank dropdown and select the ranking of your choice or choose one of the suggested searches at the top of the page.
The prominence rank can be filtered by geography, sector experience, the number of rounds, deal value and more. You can refine the data by applying filters through the Advanced filters button on the right, next to the filtering bar.
💡Note: If you are a Dealroom premium user, you can also export the data for further analysis.
Feel free to reach out to us via our support chat (bottom right) or send us a message here.